Mentorship Forum presented by ARA Chicago & Ms.Tech
Wednesday, August 13, 2014 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
ARA Chicago’s next event will be a Mentorship Forum presented in partnership with Ms.Tech, one of ARA’s affinity partners.
This event will bring together women in tech from different stages of their career for networking and discussion on common questions from the ARA and Ms.Tech communities, including:
- Navigating your career path
- Making a change (switching industries, going back to school, learning a new skill set)
- Becoming an entrepreneur
- Developing as a leader
- Finding balance
This session is targeted towards women at all stages of their career, with at least 3 years of professional experience within the technology industry or within a tech role. Many of the senior leaders in attendance have over 15 to 20 years of experience and will help moderate the conversations. Moderators include:
- Ellen Barry, Acting Director of IT, Metropolitan Water Reclamation District
- Kathy Dellplain, SVP of HR, Orbitz Worldwide
- Jane Ehrenstrom, Co-founder and EVP, The CARA Group, Inc.
- Silvia Prickel, IT Managing Director, United Airlines
- Laura Rokita, Founder, LoopMeetings.com
- Christine Stone, Director of US IT Technology Management Services, McDonald’s Corporation
- Hema Sundaram, Director of Enterprise Information Systems, Chicago Transit Authority
- Jamie Womack, VP of Corporate Marketing and Branding, CareerBuilder
- René Yarborough, PMP, Manager Project Services IT Enterprise Applications Management, Hospira Inc.
Space is limited. Please only register if you can commit to attending.
A summary of the event logistics follows:
Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Time: 5:30 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
- 5:30 to 6:15 Networking (light appetizers and beer from Ale Syndicate will be served)
- 6:15 to 7:45 Mentoring Forum: Moderated Roundtable Discussions
- 7:45 to 8:00 Wrap-Up and Final Announcements
Location: Orbitz Worldwide, 500 W. Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60661
- Check-in with security on the 3rd floor
- For parking near the event, please click here: West Loop Parking
Click here to register for the event.
Thank you to our sponsors.